Top 30 signs you are a Worm Farmer
Top 25 signs you are Worm Farmer:
1. You collect all your food scraps (for the worms)
2. You collect all your neighbors food scraps (for the worms)
3. You collect the food scraps from anyone who will give them to you (for the worms)
4. You make a “run to starbucks” for the free used coffee grounds (for the worms)
5. You buy a paper shredder just to make digestion of paper easier (for the worms)
6. You chop up food into a nice puree because that’s the way they like it (for the worms)
7. You use your dryer lint as bedding (for the worms)
8. You go dumpster diving to find newspaper and cardboard (for the worms)
9. You have ever started a sentence with “My worms……”
10. You have ever called worm poop : black gold
11. You would NEVER consider fishing with or feeding these worms to chickens
12. You’ve brought them in the house ‘cause its “too hot or too cold” for them
13. You’ve ever grown pumpkins or watermelon just as feedstock (for the worms)
14. You no longer where gloves when digging through worm poop
15. You arrange your vacation plans around harvesting seasons
16. Someone has referred to you as “The Worm Lady or Man”
17. Your yard is AWESOME thanks to the power of Worm Poop
18. You know what worm tea is and how to “brew” it for maximum effect
19. You know why bones and meat are no good in a worm bin
20. You are a member of a worm composting support group aka forum
These were added from folks on my yahoo forum:
21. “You try to rescue worms on top of the pavement after a rain, carrying them backto the soil.” (Nance)
22. “you can't wait for your produce to go bad so you can feed it to the worms” (whitemountainworms)
23. “dirty hands are no longer a concern” (wellsworms)
24. “your a worm farmer when you collect pumpkins from porches the day before halloween.” (wellsworms)
25. your closest friends are segmented.
26. you and the wife named your first born Eisenia.
27. you list 20,000 dependents on your tax form.
28. your milking stool is very, very small.
29. you clean your barn boots over the wormbin
30. sometimes you sleep with the lights on. (25-20 from txworms.com)
Just wanted to have a bit of fun today. Do you have anymore to add to the list?I would love to hear from you.
Back from Worm Farmer to BigTex Worms page
Back from Worm Farmer to wormbincomposting.com